Sep 6, 2013

A message I wish to say


I wasn't always this way. I wasn't that guy who would talk to anyone about beliefs and religion. Everyone probably knew I was a 'Mormon', but i did my best not to go around spreading that knowledge. I'm not ashamed of it, and that is not what I'm trying to say. No I just want to point out that I wasn't always this open. 

But I wish I was.

I'm a missionary now. This is what I do everyday all day. I actually go out of my way now to share me beliefs. its quite the change. I'm more open to telling people what I believe and I'm more aggressive on sharing this information with others. See what I have learned and experienced through life has changed me. My beliefs have made me a better person. I want to share what i know with others so they can improve their lives as well. Why I didn't do a better job of that before I don't know.

But I wish I had. 

The knowledge and message that has changed my life is this; God is my Father in Heaven. Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. He has saved me from all the mistakes that I have made, and from all the mistakes I'll continue to make for the rest of my life! Knowing this simple fact brings me all the motivation I need to do better. If God really is my Father, then just think of the possibilities that leaves for me. Think of what I can achieve. Think of what I can become! Think of what I can do knowing that Jesus Christ has suffered and died for me. I can start over. My sins can be forgiven. I can feel peace and joy in the place of guilt and shame, if I rely on his merits to save me from those feelings! That was his purpose in providing that sacrifice! If I choose to accept him and that sacrifice, I can be forgiven, if I follow his instructions. I sometimes don't always follow.

But I wish I would.

The Lord promises us so much if we do our best to follow his commands. The Savior himself said "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." 


He promises us that we will abide in His love. Can you imagine that? What it would feel like? Look at this picture of the Savior. Can you feel his love for you? How does it make you feel? That feeling to me is more precious than any other thing in this world! I'd give anything to feel that feeling. That is why I am here. Because I HAVE felt that feeling. And I feel it everyday. That is why I am out sharing this gospel, this love with others. So they can feel this way. That is why I wish with all my heart that I would have sooner! I apologize to all of those who I know that I haven't shared this knowledge with. I did you wrong by keeping this all to myself. I can't express to you how sorry I truly am.

But I wish I could.

Please know that I believe this with all my heart. That God wants each and everyone of us to feel this love. It is the reason he sent His son here to this earth. It is the reason why His Spirit prompts us each day to be good. He wants us to be happy and this is the only way to have eternal happiness. Through His Son's sacrifice, and through following his instructions. I invite you to ask God himself if this is not true. Kneel down and pray to your father in Heaven and I know he will hear your prayer. He loves you. He cares about you. He knows you.

I didn't take the time before my mission much to share this with others. I didn't get to help some one else by helping them get to know God better.

But I wish you will.

I know these things are true, and I say them in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful message and I will enjoy following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, true. I know what you say is true. I once thought that in my ignorance I could be saved and also if God didn't tell me to help day after day, I didn't have to. I also know know that the commandments already have been set. I know that after the action of our faith we will learn if what we did was pleasing to the Lord and if not just repent and continue living what I do know. God loves us and has given us the ability to choose for ourselves what good we do, be it doing service or baby-sitting, it's up to us to look unto the Lord for guidance and go with faith.

    ReplyDelete