Sep 26, 2013

Better Than We Are

"Different as we are in circumstances and experiences, we share a desire to become better than we are."
-Henry B. Eyring-



My Mom and My Dad are two of the most Christ like people I know. I'm of course biased in this statement but I'm sure most of you would agree, They are the best!!! My parents have taught me so much, and none of it was learned by any other way but through example.

My Mom

Shes the mother of 8 crazy kids. Her skills and patience and are most definitely God given. He has blessed her her whole life and it is amazing she didn't strangle any of us with growing up, the way we acted! She has that perfect touch, she knows how to make us feel loved. She gardens, she cooks, she cleans like crazy! You may know her as that flower lady! She pays attention to every little detail and in everything she does she does it with all the love and tender care she can muster. My mother taught me love. She taught me patience.

My Dad

My Dad is my hero! This man raised 6 boys. Enough said! He climbs mountains, he teaches the youth of today, he writes books, cuts hair, continues to climb more mountains, and much much more. My Dad has always been a calm, patient man. My Dad never stops trying to improving himself. He knows he is not perfect, but hes pretty darn close! He's an Idaho farm boy, and he is strong both physically and spiritually! He has been a leader his whole life. My Dad taught me diligence. My Dad taught me obedience.

Love, Obedience, Humility, Diligence, Knowledge, Virtue, Hope, Charity

These are the attributes of Christ. Christ's life was an example for all of us to follow. He lived a perfect life. He set the standard and He ask each of us to follow Him. My parents were followers of Christ, you can tell from how they live. They are trying to be like Jesus. And they loved me enough to teach me the same things the exact same way that Jesus did. Through example, and through love.

I love my parents so much, and I am so grateful for all that they have done for me. They have taught me the important principles, and attributes that I want in my own life, so that I can be an example and light to others. So that I can be like Christ.

As we become more like Christ we are able to fulfill that desire with in all of us. We are able to become better than we are.



I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,

“Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.”

-Children's hymn-




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute from an awesome son who is trying to live like Jesus as he serves the Lord on his mission...love ya son , momxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better. Luckiest kids alive to have such amazing parents! Love you bro.

    ReplyDelete